Corporate history

History from our founding to the present
Transitions in our corporate activities

Mamiya-OP Co., Ltd.

Company history Mamiya-OP Co.,Ltd.
October,1992 Mamiya Koki Co., Ltd. was absorbed in Olympic Co., Ltd., the head office was located in Iruma City, Saitama Prefecture, and the company name was changed to Olympic Co., Ltd.
April,1993 Changed the company name to Mamiya-OP Co., Ltd. and moved the head office to Bunkyo City, Tokyo.
October,1994 Camera and lens manufacturing subsidiaries, Mamiya Co., Ltd. and Shibata Mamiya Co., Ltd., were merged, the head office was located in Saku City, Nagano Prefecture, and the company name was changed to Mamiya Co., Ltd.
December,1994 Relocated the head office to Urawa City, Saitama Prefecture (currently Sakura-ku, Saitama City).
December,2000 Withdrew from the fishing gear business.
September,2006 Withdrew from the optical business.
October,2006 Relocated head office (Minami-ku, Saitama City). Opened Iwatsuki Office (Minuma-ku, Saitama City) and Toda Office (Toda City).
April,2008 Acquired all shares of Mamiya-OP NEQUOS Co.,Ltd.
April,2008 Entered the banknote transport system business.
April,2009 Acquired F・S Corporation as a subsidiary.
April,2009 Entered system-related business for amusement facilities.
July,2009 Moved the head office and the electronic equipment business division (development and sales) to Nishi-Gotanda, Shinagawa City, Tokyo.
October,2010 The electronic device manufacturing division (Iwatsuki Office) was transferred to the wholly owned subsidiary, Mamiya-OP NEQUOS Co.,Ltd. through a company split.
November,2010 Made Kasco Corporation a subsidiary.
April,2011 A newly established company, Shaft Lab Co., Ltd., takes over the golf shaft business in Japan and the business related to the blocking rod through a company split.
August,2011 Sold all shares of Shaft Lab Co., Ltd.
March,2012 The electronic device development division was transferred to the wholly-owned subsidiary, Mamiya-OP NEQUOS Co.,Ltd. through a company split.
March,2015 Headquarters moved to Mamiya Building in Kandanishikicho, Chiyoda City, Tokyo.
April,2017 Merged Mamiya-OP NEQUOS Co.,Ltd. a wholly owned subsidiary.
January,2018 Acquired FI Kosan Co., Ltd. as a subsidiary.
June,2019 Relocated the head office to Hanno City, Saitama Prefecture.
November,2019 Moved the Tokyo head office to Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Central Park Tower in Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo.
October,2021 Mamiya IT Solutions Corporation, which was established by F・S Corporation through an incorporation-type company split, became a wholly owned subsidiary.
March,2022 Sold all shares of Kasco Corporation.
March,2022 Acquired all shares of Shaft Lab Co., Ltd. and made it a wholly owned subsidiary, and changed the company name to UST Mamiya Japan, inc.

Olympic Co., Ltd. / Mamiya Koki Co., Ltd.

Company history Olympic Co., Ltd. Mamiya Koki Co., Ltd.
September,1931 Founder Yoshio Ueno invented fishing reel for the first time in Japan. Established Ueno All Metal Works in Mukojima City, Tokyo (currently Sumida City, Tokyo).  
May,1940   Established Mamiya Koki Seisakusho in Hongo City, Tokyo (currently Bunkyo City, Tokyo). By combining technology provided by inventor Seiichi Mamiya with capital from Tsunejiro Sugawara, started manufacturing cameras.
March,1946   Built the Setagaya factory to manufacture shutters and lenses in-house.
February,1948 Established Ueno Seiko Co., Ltd. in Toshima City, Tokyo for the purpose of manufacturing and selling fishing gear.  
July,1950   Incorporated the Setagaya Factory as Setagaya Koki Co., Ltd.
December,1950   Reorganized Mamiya Koki Seisakusho into a corporation and established Mamiya Koki Co., Ltd.
October,1953   Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
November,1961 Company name changed to Olympic Fishing Tackle Co., Ltd.  
April,1963   Built a new factory in Urawa City, Saitama Prefecture (currently Saitama City) and started operations.
June,1963   Absorbed Setagaya Koki Co., Ltd. and made it the Tokyo Factory.
July,1964   Discontinued the operation of the Tokyo factory and integrated it into the Urawa factory.
February,1965 Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.  
February,1966   Established Mamiya Shoji Co., Ltd. to strengthen domestic sales, and Mamiya Camera Service Co., Ltd. to enhance after-sales service.
August,1967 Relocated the head office to Iruma City, Saitama Prefecture.  
August,1968   Relocated the head office to Bunkyo City, Tokyo. The head offices of Mamiya Shoji Co., Ltd. and Mamiya Camera Service Co., Ltd. also moved at the same time.
August,1970   Established Mamiya Co., Ltd. in Saku City, Nagano Prefecture to strengthen the production system.
July,1973   Established Shibata Mamiya Co., Ltd. for the purpose of precision machining.
September,1982 Entered the electronic equipment business field.  
April,1983 Changed company name to Olympic Co., Ltd. following business diversification.  
July,1987 Established Olympic Wakayama Co., Ltd. to strengthen fishing gear production.  
May,1989   Released the “New Mamiya 6”, a 6x6cm format electronically controlled range finder camera with interchangeable lens, that inherited the creative mechanism and name of the time-honored Mamiya 6.
November,1989 Established Olympic-MI (Bangladesh) Ltd. (currently Mamiya-OP (Bangladesh) Ltd.) to enhance our competitiveness in sporting goods.  
April,1990 Acquired Tycoon Finnoll Corporation in the United States and expanded into sport fishing.  
September,1990   The RB67 Pro S, a classic medium format camera widely used by professionals and advanced amateurs around the world, underwent a model changeover for the first time in 17 years.
January,1991 Established United Sports Technologies, Inc. in Texas as a manufacturing and sales company in the United States for the golf division in the head office.